Monday 7 August 2017

And down it came


All this blogging may have gone to my head, but I am becoming a mighty powerful canine. On a trip to our local reservoir, I took a few minutes out from sniffing and snuffling to contemplate the disaster about to hit our green and fertile Karaova plain if the Autumn rains miss another year. We are really down to our last reserves and it needs a prolonged period of steady rain to fill up this water supply. Another dry winter could mean the end of the market gardens that have sprung up in the 25 years since the dam was built.  I offered up a doggy prayer to the skies that those clouds would get big enough to dump a load of water on Mumcular.
I had to wait a few days but it sure worked. 

A storm front rushed through with a mighty wind that whipped all the dead needles off the pines into the pool (the boss wasn't pleased) and for a few minutes the thunder crashed and the lightening zinged through the trees.  It probably made no difference to the level of the reservoir but I hope it is a good omen for the winter.  


I had my two girlfriends Peri and Sevgi staying, so I did a lot of manly barking outside while the ladies sheltered inside. I hope they were impressed because I don't like getting wet and if they hadn't been there I would have stayed on the sofa.


10 comments:

  1. Ah Jake, I am delighted to see the age of chivalry is not dead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a topsy turvy world at the moment, in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake, If I were you, I'd keep your successful canine invocations a secret because there's plenty of places in Turkey where your services are sorely needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If i could involve a good 5 minute dousing once every two weeks, I think my boss could give up the day job

      Delete
  4. Jake Onursan ... ever the gentleman ... I would expect nothing less from you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the boss couldn't download the video that actually shows my barking

      Delete
  5. Let's hope more steady rain comes along and fills the reservoir. Definitely weird weather at the moment.

    ReplyDelete