Sunday 3 May 2015

Reflections on Hydra

Our photography homework this week is "reflections". I've been going down to the port early to try and catch the sea at its stillest but wasn't very happy with any of my shots. I could hear Jak dismissing all my reflections of boats in oily water as 'boring and formulaic" as he did our shadow photos last session.  So I turned away from the sea and bingo! Shop windows are much more interesting. I'm happy with the outcome even though the shop keepers were a bit suspicious at my excessive interest in their wares.






10 comments:

  1. more imaginative than the usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots - and the island looks beautiful, enjoy your time, Ozlem x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second one, the reflection is crystal clear and even more so in the fourth one. Any time I have been near water the wind has been blowing so it is not so good for reflecting on the surface. I am revamping some of my old pics with just one or two new ones.....cheating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, love those photos. Great idea...even if you have aroused the suspicions of shopkeepers on a small island. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. B to B, Really beautiful reflections. My favorites are the first and second, probably because of how colorful they are. Really, your efforts are definitely worth it

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Reflections" makes me remember The New York Rock and Roll Ensemble's breaktrough album "Reflections" that includes Manos Hadjiakis music only. All songs represent Mediterranean music, and wthat is strange is, the album has a Turkish-connection! Recommended. You can find detailed info here:

    http://www.richieunterberger.com/nyrr2.html

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2wMk1kQWeQ

    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. ...and to see you last week....Karen♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were they miffed that you didn't buy anything?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cleverly avoided getting your own reflection in the photographs! Some lovely photographs there - well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These really are stunning, B2B! Axxx

    ReplyDelete